[Video] [Audio] [Modem]
Here are links to instructions for setting up Windows operating systems:
Windows 95 OSR 2.x and Windows
Please click here for instruction on
modifying the Setup Boot disk for use on ChemBooks™.
- Copy the file d:\s2d\0vmakfil.exe to a bootable disk, where d: is the
- Boot up from the bootable DOS disk.
- From a:\, type 0vmakfil -pXX, where XX is at least the amount of system
memory installed plus 2 MB for video RAM. Recommended parameter: -p100.
USB (Universal Serial Bus Driver)
- Insert the Windows 95B CD-ROM with USB Supplement.
- From the Start menu, run d:\other\usb\usbsupp.exe.
- Scandisk will start. After it finishes, allow it to shutdown and restart
- When asked to insert the Windows 95 CD-ROM or the location of uhcd.sys,
type in C:\Windows\System as the path.
- Continue with Core Logic Setup to set
up other devices.
- Insert your driver CD(or open the file that you downloaded)
- Click on Setup.exe
- Follow the instruction that display
- Go into Control Panel/Display/Settings/ Advanced
- Click on Monitor/Change. Select Show All Devices, and select Laptop
Display Panel 800x600 (12.1") or 1024 x 768 (13.3"). Click on
Close to return to the Settings screen.
- Move the Desktop Area slider right to 800x600 (12.1") or 1024 x 768
(13.3"), and check the box for Show settings icon on task bar. Then,
click on Apply. Restart Windows when prompted.
Windows NT 4.0
- From Control Panel, select Display / Settings / Display Type / Change /
Have Disk / d:\drivers\vga\nt40
- A list of ATI graphics accelerators will be displayed.
Select the one you are using, then click the OK button.(ATI Rage LT
Pro AGP 2X)
- Click on OK to return to Display Properties, and OK again to restart
- After Windows NT restarts, go to Control Panel / Display Properties.
- Set Desktop Area to 800x600 (12.1") or 1024 x 768 (13.3").
Select Test to test the configuration, and then Apply.
- After installing Windows, Click on the setup.exe file under driver CD on
- Reboot the system, any new hardware found, click on browse into your
CD-ROM and then the audio folder. Click OK.
Windows NT 4.0
- From Control Panel, go to Multimedia / Devices / Add.
- Select Unlisted or Updated Driver, and enter D:\driver\audio\nt40 as the
- Select SoundFusion(TM) Driver.Click on OK.
- Restart Windows.
- Go to Control Panel / Systems / Device Manager.
- Remove all devices marked with exclamation marks or red Xs.
- Click on Refresh.
- When Windows finds new hardware and asks for a driver, use Browse to
point to the location of your Fax/Modem Driver folder.
- You should see HSP Modem appearing in Device Manager, as well as PCTel
Wave Device for Voice Modem.
Windows NT 4.0
- Go to BIOS Configuration, and set COM port settings to Disable / IR.
- Go to The driver folder, then click on setup.exe under NT/MMX folder.
- Select HSP K56FLEX PNP MODEM.
- Attach it to COM 2 which was just created.
- After finishing Modem setup, you should now see a HSP Port icon.
- Reboot Windows NT.
© 2005 ChemUSA Corp. All Rights Reserved.
(Frequently Asked Questions) | BIOS
Updates and Downloads | Driver
Downloads | RMA Policy |
RMA (Return Material